PuzzleMaster

2 Loops

Posted on Apr 29, 2013 by Gabriel | 0 comments
Labels: , , ,

(Click to Enlarge)
This looks more like an optical illusion object than an actual puzzle. The mesmerizing pattern created by these two loops almost gives a sense of movement. Its designer is none other than Jean Claude Constantin.

The 2 Loops is actually a Packing Puzzle with six pieces. Simply remove the pieces from the tray and pack them up again. It's deceptively easy, considering the complexity of the two shapes. The puzzle is made from two contrasting wood tones, which gives an impression that only the lighter parts can be removed and the others are part of the frame.

This is a relatively small puzzle, measuring only 14.2 x 8cm (5.6" x 3.2"). For a puzzle in the $15 price range, its quality is superb. The top of the frame is polished and the loops fit perfectly inside the tray. I was really surprised by how springy the pieces are once you remove them from the tray. It has quite a remarkable design.

(Click to Enlarge)

Before attempting to solve the 2 Loops I was a bit intimidated to remove the pieces, because this was classified as a level 8/10. I was counting on spending some time wondering how to solve it, but as it turns out, it wasn't even remotely challenging. What a disappointment... After solving it twice, to make sure it wasn't just plain luck, I couldn't think of any reason why this was rated as a level 8. When you remove the pieces, you're still left with the outline of the loops to help you place the pieces more easily. It can't get easier than this. Honestly, I don't think it even deserves a 5, because when you remove the pieces you immediately figure out where each one goes... And yes, I mix them well before solving. If you happen to own one, please let me know what you think of its difficulty. I'm curious to know other opinions.

Closing Comments:

Overall, I don't consider the 2 Loops a bad puzzle. The reason is because I don't think it should even be called a puzzle. The concept is visually captivating and I loved it, but it's nothing more than a decorative object. I would recommend this one only for collectors. If you you're looking for a challenge, find something else.

Availability: You can get a copy of the 2 Loops at PuzzleMaster for $15 CAD.

Links:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...